Engine Air Filter
The Engine Air Filter should be inspected at every regular scheduled maintenance interval. Replacement interval for the Engine Air Filter is every 30,000 miles.
1. If I ignore it?
- Lower fuel economy
- Hesitation during acceleration
- Possible premature damage to engine cylinders, pistons and rings
- Engine runs richer
- Restrict air entering the engine
- “Check Engine” light may come on
- Could flunk an “Emissions Test”
2. If I take care of it?
- Increased fuel economy and performance
- Traps harmful dirt particulates
- Prevents contaminants from damaging engine components
- Keeps contaminants off the mass air flow sensor
Replacing a clogged Engine Air Filter may improve your car’s gas mileage by as much as 10%. Your car’s Engine Air Filer keeps impurities from damaging the inside of your engine. Not only will replacing a dirty Engine Air Filer save gas, it may protect your engine.