Cabin Air Filter
Also known as: In-Cabin Air Filter, Air Conditioning Filter
The Cabin Air Filter should be replaced every 10,000 miles or once every 12 months, whichever comes first.
1. If I ignore it?
- Reduced airflow from the interior vents
- Poor air quality of air entering the passenger compartment
- Increased amount of airborne pollutants, allergens, and pollen in the passenger compartment
- Unpleasant smells result
- Accumulation of moisture in the components that may cause corrosion within the Air System
- Potential premature malfunction of the air conditioning components
2. If I take care of it?
- Traps pollen, bacteria, dust and exhaust gases
- Clean air enters the passenger compartment
- Increased performance and longevity of the Air Conditioning System
By not changing your Cabin Air Filter, the air in your car may become up to 6 times dirtier than the air outside.