Coolant level at every regular schedule maintenance interval. First replacement at 60,000 miles, and then after that replace every 25,000 miles or 24 months.
1. If I ignore it?
- Potential for increased corrosion of components associated with the Cooling System due to old or contaminated Coolant
- If neglected, it can clog the Coolant passageway
- Can obstruct flow of water to the radiator
2. If I take care of it?
- Increased longevity of the Cooling System
- Helps promote adequate engine heat transfer
- New Coolant mitigates internal Cooling System corrosion
If the Coolant is not bled properly, air may stay trapped in the system and cause erratic temperature, or in extreme cases, Engine and Cooling System damage.