Automatic Transmission Fluid
Refer to the Vehicle Owner’s Manual for specific inspection and replacement intervals.
1. If I ignore it?
- Potential for increased transmission wear
- Increased sludge and varnish buildup may cause sticking of valve body components
- Potential to overheat the transmission through a lack of transmission fluid, if there is a leak
- Low fluid level can cause improper shifting, overheating and transaxle damage
2. If I take care of it?
- Increased longevity of the transmission components
- Less sludge and varnish buildup